Guild Council of Executive Advisors
The Business Architecture Guild® is very pleased to have the following executives as advisors. We thank them for their time and commitment.
Diane is the Chair of the GCEA and a member of the Business Architecture Board of Directors. She is the retired director of Business Architecture for United Airlines where she led a team of architects responsible for capturing and managing a common view of the airline's business capabilities for use in strategic planning and program and project support. In addition to business architecture, she has expertise in process optimization, business engagement and business transformation. Diane also has experience with IT PMO and airport operations. She is skilled in managing large programs and aligning business plans with IT solutions. She is recognized for her dynamic abilities in facilitating and managing change associated with major program initiatives.
Manager, Marketing Business Architecture, FedEx Services
Jo Gilmore is a Manager in the Product Development organization at FedEx Services. Her team supports the planning and execution through the implementation of Business Architecture practices, collaborating with other Business Architecture groups in a FedEx-wide Community of Practice. She has over 25 years of experience in product and portfolio development strategy in the technology, publishing and transportation industries. Certifications include SAFe Practitioner Consultant and Certified Business Architect®.
Jim is the retired President and CEO of Blue Cross Life Insurance Company of Canada. In this role, he was responsible for all executive and operational activities of the company, including overseeing the development of an ERM framework and leading a significant governance/business process/data management initiative across distributor Blue Cross health plans. He was also a member of the company’s board and in 2016 was the Co-Chair of the MIT Chief Data Officer/Information Quality Symposium. Currently, Jim is the Director of Operations for start-up Jana Technology, a firm providing risk modelling services to pipeline companies. In this role, he is responsible for all infrastructural activities, including managing business processes, coaching/mentoring consulting engineers and aligning client demand with appropriate operational scale.
Lene is Executive advisor on transformation projects in Wealth management in Nordea and has previously worked as Chief Operating Officer at Nordea Life and Pension and Nordea Bank Capital Markets. Lene has primarily worked with
combining the three disciplines of business analysis, business architecture and portfolio management for both internal projects as well as external stakeholder driven projects. She has driven and facilitated the business architecture
methodology and implementation throughout wealth management and capital markets. She has played an important part in getting business architecture on the executive agenda in Nordea. It is her overall goal to have a very close
cooperation between IT and Business in order to create the full business transformation.
What do we look for in GCEA members?
- Business management experience at a director level or above
- Leadership position that champions and/or directs the development and implementation of business architecture as a practice
- Ability to advocate the principles and guidelines of the Business Architecture Guild®
- Thought leader who can grow, standardize and advocate for the application of business architecture
- Minimum of 2 year (renewable) engagement
- Monthly GCEA meeting participation
- Participation in developing 1 or more GCEA deliverables (presentations, white papers, strategic proposals) to advance the practice of business architecture each year
- Participation in business architecture Innovation Summits, workshops and/or events as available
- Advising the Business Architecture Guild® Board of Directors and other teams on the executive perspective and needs
- Promotion and education of the business architecture discipline within network
- Nominations submitted via Business Architecture Guild web site
- Video meet and greet with current GCEA members to review candidate’s submittal
- Final endorsement from Guild leadership after going through the selection process
If you would like to be selected for the Guild Council of Executive Advisors and you meet the criteria and commitment levels above, please fill out the form below to begin the process.